Thursday, August 5, 2010

our diet

It's now Day 4 of P90X, and I guess we haven't been as successful in updating this blog daily as we planned. But don't worry. We've been incredibly successful in getting ripped. Our original idea was to keep track of our diet on this blog so that you, the reader, could follow in our footsteps. I'll give you a food synopsis of the last four days. Day 1, I almost vomited cause all I ate was sardines. Later that day, me and Judd ate a lot of good healthy mexican food and had 2-for-1 margaritas at La Hacienda on Nolensville Pike. The next day me and Judd ate a lot of eggs and spinach and some more sardines. Then I feel like we ate some ice cream at some point, and maybe that was the night we ate beans and rice. And yesterday, I ate some yogurt and some more sardines and some more eggs. And it was Margaret's birthday so I ate some birthday cake and had a couple birthday shots of tequila. I think Judd had a Big Lebowski party, so he probably had caucasians for dinner. Thus far, our results have been great, so feel free to follow our plan explicitly.

We haven't really read the diet guide that came with the P90X system, but I'm guessing that Tony Horton would be proud. The true champion of the past few days has been our whey protein recovery drink which we mix with tap water and ice. It tastes great and makes you feel like you're engaging in some kind of illegal doping.

As to the actual P90X program, I assure you that the program's goal of confusing my muscles has been successful. My body is so confused. We did yoga yesterday, and I've never felt more like a Native American. We did about a hundred upward and downward dogs and a few sun god and warrior dog poses. And even though me and Judd have always been more the power-lifting/gym rat types, we both discovered that we have a lot to learn from the way Indians dance. The journey to the human heart really does begin with a single step.

Anyway, more P90X is on its way. We'll keep you updated. Irregularly.

No comments:

Post a Comment